It’s January again, which means long nights and short days. That doesn’t cut into my workday though, and I continue to work in the dark aka 5:00 p.m. Good news is the days are now getting longer and on 11-Mar-18 we will be back on daylight savings time. I have really been enjoying the new year so far and am looking forward to what’s next.This year I am setting goals as opposed to resolutions. These seem to fail for one reason or another. I have read goal lists that other people have shared and I saw for myself that they work. One of my FB friends does goals and she succeeds in meeting them. I am amazed at authors who do this because I believe in the practice.
I’ve made some 2018 goals that I’d like to share with you:
1. Workout at the gym three times a week at a moderate speed.
2. Keep drinking lots of water.
3. Write more personal blogs.
4. Keep reaching out to artists and authors.
5. Submit a new manuscript to be published.
6. Get my other WIP’s finished.
7. Stay positive.
8. Have get-togethers with friends and family.
9. Go see live musical performances.
10. See a few live Dodger games.
11. Get out of town and take a short trip.That is my list so far. I’ll add more as the year goes on. I’m going to keep this blog and refer to it from time to time to see how I’m progressing. I understand that some are ongoing and my goal is to incorporate them into my schedule with ease.
In recent years, I’ve noticed a shift in my consciousness and I now feel that a lot of things that used to bother me I’ve let go.
Going to the gym used to be a chore for me, now I view it as a fun way to help maintain my physical health. Also, it has done wonders in such ways as stress reduction and increased energy. I am able to go now and set the cardio machine on a low level and get a nice workout. I just bring my water bottle and my phone and I’m in another world.Last weekend we helped out with a blanket drive for the homeless. We bagged up the blankets and took them to downtown LA to distribute. It was an eye-opening experience and one that I’m glad I helped out with. There were a lot of tents up on the sidewalks. It felt good to help out and to hear people tell me “God Bless.” I plan to do more work like this.
I believe in always being positive and I have seen results with this attitude. Very grounded and confident people are coming my way in greater numbers. I have a lot of things to thank for my peaceful living.
Before I go, I’d like to include my excitement for the new baseball season. Only a few more weeks until Exhibition and then soon the 2018 regular season will begin. We are going all the way this year. Go Blue!Stay tuned for some other great news that I will be sharing with you in the weeks to come. Next week I will be featuring author Graysen Morgen. You are going to want to mark this one down and you will see why next week.
Until Next Time,
Follow me on Twitter:
Follow me on Instagram:
Lynn Lawler’s Instagram page
Follow me on Google Plus:
Lynn Lawler’s Google Plus page
Follow me on LinkedIn:
Lynn Lawler’s LinkedIn page
Follow me on Tumblr:
Photos subject to copyright